Member Spotlight: Laurie Wagner
- How did you discover [CSC] CrossFit? After the fire academy, I had lost a bunch of muscle mass from all the cardio they had us doing. My best friend and fellow firefighter, Jonathon, pushed me into going to his box a few times. After that, I realized I dug it!
- What fitness goal(s) would you like to achieve in 2015? By the end of the year, I would love to be able to string together multiple chest-to-bar pull-ups, and multiple bar MUs. Also, I would love to get a kipping MU on the rings...dang kip!
- What is your favorite thing about CSC CrossFit? Probably the same thing that everybody loves...the friends I've made throughout the process. The community aspect definitely lives up to the hype!
- What advice do you have for new CrossFitters? Be kind to yourself. It is something that I am still learning, but it the best lesson I have discovered through CrossFit.
- Name something we would be surprised to know about you. I was terrified to walk into my first CrossFit class. I spent 20 minutes convincing myself it was a good idea!
- What fitness accomplishment are you most proud of? I love that my squat has gone up a good 100 pounds! And my dance moves have gotten better in each class...well, that might be a stretch, but definitely my squat.
- When you are not working out, how do you spend your free time? I love eating breakfast foods with my friends! Whether it's doughnuts at the gym, or pancakes anytime else!
- Name your three favorite CrossFit movements or lifts. Pull-ups, deadlifts, and rig dips!