Member Spotlight: Suanne Taylor
"Suanne Taylor joined us two years ago and has quietly been kicking ass every day. She comes in to work, never complains and (whether she thinks so or not) continuously motivates her classmates with her quiet drive!" Says coach Robert.
She not only uses CrossFit to help her overall conditioning levels, Suanne has used it to rehabilitate from her shoulder surgery, and also as inspiration for her 3 year old son.
- 1 Rep Max Deadlift = 240#
Aerobic Capacity Improvement:
- 300 yard Shuttle Run = 1:37 (*shaving over :17 seconds off her initial time in 2014)
Muscular Endurance Improvement:
- "Karen" Personal Record: 11:07 (*Her initial attempt with Karen was in 2014. There was a 15 minute cap on the workout and she then only completed 115 of the 150 Wall Balls. HUGE PROGRESSION!!!!)
Here's a little Q & A to get to know Suanne:
1. How did you discover The Combine [CSC CrossFit]?
My sister and I wanted something different so the day we discovered The Combine, we had actually gone to a boxing gym to do a tour. They weren’t ready for us like they said they would be and it wasn’t a very friendly place so we left. We both had been driving by everyday on our way to and from work and that day, we decided to stop. That was almost 2 years ago.
2. Who/what inspires/motivates you or why do you workout?
My 3 year old son. I want him to look at me and say “I have a strong mom!” (Physically and Mentally) I want him to make good healthy choices and stay active like me.
3. What "ah ha" moments have you had in CrossFit recently?
Finally figuring out the kipping in a pull up. Now if I could just get the pull UP to finish it! That’s next.
4. What's your go-to "cheat" meal/restaurant? What is something we might not know about you?
I don’t have a particular restaurant but I have a serious weakness for fresh homemade tortillas…….they are evil. Seriously, I don’t even need butter to eat them!
I’m a hunter and a fisherman and I love baseball , football and hockey. Even though I was born and raised here and love the Rangers, I have always been a Cubs fan (Ryne Sandberg did that to me, he was awesome and still is)
5. What fitness accomplishment are you most proud of?
Being able to come back so fast after shoulder surgery. I was really worried I was done and wouldn’t be “normal” again, it was depressing. I still have my off days but I feel it getting stronger every day. I’ve also done 4 Spartan races and finished all of them with no problems and I finished a half marathon in just under 3 hours!
6. Have you hit any recent PR's or achieve any other goal(s)? Any future goals?
I guess my last one was a deadlift of 240#. That was cool. My future goal would be to finally get a pull up and more than 3 DU’s in a row.
7. What has your participation at The Combine done for you physically, mentally and/or emotionally?
I certainly feel stronger. I have more confidence in my abilities as far as lifting goes. I’m not afraid to try a little heavier now. I like the encouragement from the other people and the atmosphere at The Combine and the coaches are great, so that helps a lot mentally. I’ve always needed someone pushing me and screaming at me….it gets me motivated.
8. What are your favorite workouts or exercises?I like power cleans and deadlifts. I feel strong when I do those.